Thoughtful planning for your company and employees.
Is your organization’s retirement plan keeping you up at night? It shouldn’t be. With the diligent planning and sound advice you get from our experienced advisors, you can start looking at your group 401(k), 403(b) or other qualified plan in a whole new light.
First and foremost, it is essential to protect your company and yourself from financial liability. At Burnham Gibson, we never lose sight of the fact that due diligence is “job one.” Secondly, a retirement plan must be both sustainable and compatible with your company’s long-term objectives and business strategy. Thirdly, with any retirement plan, you’ll want to maximize both the associated tax benefits for your organization and the savings and investment opportunities for plan participants. And finally, you’ll want your plan to be efficiently and cost-effectively administered.
Our full-service offering to plan sponsors addresses all of these needs and more through the following program of consultation:
- Fiduciary liability mitigation through proper documentation and ongoing monitoring
- Adherence to investment policy statement and plan document
- Continuity of fiduciary standards
- Set up and maintain online fiduciary portal archiving plan documents, processes, executive summaries, and investment reviews
- Provide fiduciary training and education for plan trustees
- Investment policy creation, design, implementation and review
- Assist in coordinating regular investment committee meetings to review selected investment options, legislative changes, and overall health of the plan
- Performance due diligence and overall selection of investment options
- Comprehensive vendor search based on your specific goals and objectives
- Benchmarking analysis, relative to industry, to help ensure that your plan fees and capabilities are in line with or better than those of competitors
- Transition and conversion support to new service providers through the preparation and management of conversion timeline, investment option mapping, and oversight on employee communication strategy
- Development of comprehensive communication and education strategies customized to the needs of your employees
- Ongoing education both in person and via web conferencing, supported by a team of trained professionals
- Contract analysis, including review of plan design, goals and objectives of your organization, overall strategy of plan
- Recommend changes in plan design to help improve participation, administration, and ease of use